Are mosquitoes driving you inside this summer? If so, it's time to take action and get them out of your yard for good! You can do several things to get rid of mosquitoes, but the most important is calling in professionals.
If you're looking for an effective solution to your mosquito problem- look no further. A seasoned Central Ohio pest control agency can take care of the problem. They have the knowledge and experience to eliminate mosquitoes from your property quickly and safely. Don't let these blood-feeders ruin your summer!
What Is The Purpose Of Mosquitoes In Central Ohio?
Before we look into natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes, did you know mosquitoes play a pivotal role in our ecosystem? It may be impossible to live in a world with no mosquitoes. You read that right! They:
- Help To Control The Population Of Other Insects: Certain mosquitoes predate on other mosquito species, helping to keep their numbers in check.
- Pollinate Plants: Mosquitoes are one of a few insects that can pollinate particular flowers.
- Are Food For Other Animals: Mosquitoes are a food source for birds, fish, and other wildlife.
- Do Waste Removal: Mosquitoes help break down decaying matter, which helps keep the environment healthy.
- Are An Employment Opportunity: Believe it or not, mosquitoes are a major employer in some parts of the world.
So, before you reach for that can of pesticide, remember that mosquitoes are an essential part of our ecosystem and should be treated with care. Consequently, look for natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes instead.
A Brief History Of Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes have been around for a long time - possibly longer than humans. For centuries, we've been trying to find the best thing to use to get rid of mosquitoes. Here are some of the methods used over the years:
- Oil was sprayed onto water surfaces to suffocate the mosquitoes.
- The sprinkling of pyrethrum, a powder made from certain flowers used to kill mosquitoes.
- DDT is a chemical that was once used to control mosquitoes but has since been banned due to its harmful effects on the environment and humans.
- The spraying of Malathion; it's an insecticide that's still in use today. It's effective at killing mosquitoes, but it can also be harmful to other wildlife and humans.
So, as you can see, we've been trying to find the best way to get rid of mosquitoes for a long time. While these methods were used to ensure no mosquitoes would come into our homes - they harm the environment and can be dangerous to humans.
The Diseases Mosquitoes Can Transmit
Mosquitoes are more than just an annoyance; they can also transmit dangerous diseases. Some of the diseases that they can spread include:
- West Nile Virus
- Zika Virus
- Dengue Fever
Thus, if you're looking for effective ways to repel mosquitoes, the best thing to do to get rid of mosquitoes is to get professional help. A Central Ohio pest control contractor can recommend the best course of action.
Natural Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard
If you're not comfortable with using pesticides or other chemicals to control mosquitoes, don't worry- there are natural ways to repel mosquitoes and keep them away from your yard. These include:
- Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water, so getting rid of any standing water will help reduce the mosquito population.
- Certain plants emit a fragrance that mosquitoes don't like. Planting these around your yard will help keep them away.
- Use a fan. A fan creates an air current that helps keep mosquitoes away.
- Install a screened porch or patio. This will keep mosquitoes out of your living space.
- Bats are natural predators of mosquitoes and can help reduce their population.
For a lasting solution, get in touch with One Stop Pest Control. We're here to take care of all your Central Ohio pest control needs, including getting rid of pesky mosquitoes. Our experienced professionals know the best way to take care of this problem and recommend the right course of action.