Located just northeast of the bustling city of Columbus is the small village of Johnstown, Ohio. The temperate climate of our little Licking County town produces a fair amount of precipitation and humidity. These conditions make Johnstown the ideal location for pest infestation year-round. That’s right; even our little community isn’t immune to the threats of pest activity. But, you can still rest easy knowing 1st Response Pest Management is here to help as Central Ohio’s go-to source for quality pest control solutions. Since 2006, it has been our goal to offer the best in residential and commercial pest control. We pride ourselves on our caring approach to treatment. No matter what pest problem you may be dealing with, our team is ready to develop the perfect solution that is safe for your property, your children, your pets, and the environment. Call us today for a free quote.
Home Pest Control In Johnstown, OH
Johnstown is a charming little village where anyone would feel lucky to own a home. That luck, however, quickly fades when pests infest your home. These unwanted visitors are relentless in their pursuit of food, water, and shelter, which is why you need to call on professionals for complete residential pest control services. We offer year-round coverage for a long list of common household pests, such as:
- Bed bugs
- Bees, wasps, and hornets
- Birds & waterfowl
- Centipedes & millipedes
- Fleas & ticks
- Stink bugs
To hear more about our top-selling Residential Care Plan, give us a call today to speak with one of our certified experts. Our follow-up treatments are available monthly or quarterly, and we also offer special event services to help make sure your big day goes smoothly. We have specialty options for termites, bed bugs, rodents, wildlife, mosquitoes, ticks, stink bugs, and fleas.
Commercial Pest Control In Johnstown, OH
Protecting your Johnstown business from the dangers of pest infestation is absolutely critical to your company's success. 1st Response Pest Management provides year-round commercial pest protection to a wide range of businesses and commercial facilities, including:
- Amusements parks & zoos
- Athletic facilities & golf courses
- Food processing & manufacturing plants
- Healthcare & wellness facilities
- Hospitality & lodging
- Industrial, warehouse & storage
- Movie theaters & museums
- Office & administrative buildings
- Restaurants & bars
- Retail, grocery & pet stores
- School, universities & research facilities
- Stadiums & Arenas
We are proud members of the NPMA (National Pest Management Association), and each of our team members is licensed and trained in our “white glove” service. We promise our continued dedication until every inch of your property is completely pest-free. Call us today to set up your free inspection. Our targeted treatments are available on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. No matter your commercial pest control needs, we’re here to help.
Three Signs Bed Bugs Leave Behind In Johnstown, OH
- Blood -- After a bed bug is done feeding on the blood of their host at night, they leave behind dark red spots of leftover blood. You may wake up to find these on your sheets, linens, clothing, or bedding. It’s usually indicative of bed bug activity, and you should immediately have the area treated for an infestation.
- Spots -- Bed bugs also leave behind dark brown, rusty-looking spots. These stains are from excrement that bed bugs leave behind around areas where they hide. You may find them on furniture, upholstery, curtains, clothing, etc. If you see these spots or any shed skin or egg casings left behind, you should immediately set up a professional inspection.
Bites -- If you went to bed without a single bite on your skin, and then you wake up in the morning to find a line of itchy red bites, you likely have a bed bug infestation. These nocturnal pests feed on their hosts at night, leaving a linear formation of small bites. Waking up to find these is usually one of the first clues you have bed bug activity to deal with.
Guide To Avoiding Termite Damage In Johnstown, OH
The best approach to termite control is diligent prevention. This means being aware of conducive conditions and putting in place the necessary modifications to reduce them. Look through the following list of tips for avoiding termite activity as these suggestions go a long way when it comes topreventing termite damage:
- Use loose mortar/weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Eliminate any rotting or moisture-damaged wood.
- Reduce sources of excess moisture.
- Reduce wood-to-soil contact.
- Fix cracks and crevices to prevent entry.
- Repair leaky pipes and faucets, and maintain functioning downspouts.
- Use a dehumidifier to reduce moisture around the home.
- Install vents in bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens.
- Store wood away from the perimeter of the house.
- Examine all wood before allowing it onto your property.