Ron is AWESOME! I had a national pest extermination company for several years and nothing was getting accomplished. I have seen a significant decrease in the last several months that I started with 1st Response. Ron is very committed to getting the problem fixed and is very knowledgeable and a great guy! He knows his pests! :) Everyone at 1st Response is kind, courteous, and goes the extra yard!Tina M.
Company was very responsive to the needs that I had. My daughters room had hornets coming thru her ceiling. First response was the best response. They came right away after my internet message. Fixed the problem and offered a great service for other rodents around my house. Monthly service is a great deal. These guys know customer service and they know pest control. If you are thinking about a company that cares….this is it. Make first response your first response if you are in need of help.Matthew P.
I live at The Gardens Apartments. I guess before I moved in, there was an issue with bugs. I never saw any. Thank God! But the gentleman from 1st Response saw something on the traps and came back several times to take care of the issue. He was always professional, polite and handled everything with care. Kudos!! I appreciate him and the service that you provide.Michelle W.
Had a great experience with David - he was polite, personable, and able to find where the mice were coming in within 5 minutes. He put all the traps down and followed up on time to ensure they didn't return - highly recommend them!Nicholas K.
This company is great! The company I work for has been using them for years, and I have been using them recently for my home. David is so friendly when he comes in to my office, and Larry was great when he came to my home. Lisa is always the best too! So friendly on the phone!Andy R.
We have a mouse or two and Larry was amazing. On time, professional. He even went into my attic through a very small, inconvenient entryway in the top of a closet. He educated me about mice and inspected every inch of my place, inside and out. The office staff was great, too!Rene L.
We purchased a house that has had termite damage in the past. The original structure was built in 1890, and has been added onto over the years. Previous owners had repaired the termite damage, and had contracted with 1st Response to continue to maintain termite control stations and inspect for any new activity. We have continued with that existing service since purchase. Every tech that comes out is wonderful. Office staff is great as well. Everyone we have dealt with has been personable, kind, attentive and professional. Jason and Justin have been our most recent techs, and they are both great guys.Patricia M.
Best customer service ever! From the dispatcher to the technicians. They were super kind and accommodating to our health needs, more than willing to wear an N95 mask that we provided. Engaging conversation and thorough inspection. Even when 1 thing was missed, they apologized and made everything right. Their service was fast, but effective. The price is reasonable for all of the services you get and they were very understanding and accommodating when it came to the initial payment. I wish we had found them years ago, but if anything good can come from a mouse, it's having First Response on your side. 100%, 10 out of 10, highly recommend!Izetta T.
Holy smokes! They are the best! Like seriously, if you need creepy crawly help or help with other things that scurry about, they are your people. They are incredibly kind, friendly, and understanding. They have a lot of patience and explain things thoroughly. Can't say enough good things about them. We have been using them for a couple years now and have had continued reliable and excellent service.Krista K.
So you've got ants—that's no big deal, right? After all, what's so hard about grabbing a can of ant spray and taking care of the problem yourself? Don't be fooled! Just because ant infestations are common doesn't mean that they're easy to get rid of. Ants are surprisingly resilient, and because they live in enormous colonies, it can be very difficult to eliminate them all and keep them from returning.
Hiring a professional to deal with an ant infestation has several advantages over trying to tackle the problem yourself. Here are some reasons why:
- Proper Identification: A professional pest control technician can properly identify the species of ant causing the infestation. This is important because different ant species require different methods of control.
- Effective Treatment: Pest control technicians have access to more effective and targeted ant control treatments that are not available to the general public. They also have the expertise to apply these treatments safely and effectively.
- Long-Term Solutions: Ant infestations can be persistent and difficult to control. A professional ant exterminator can provide long-term solutions that address the root cause of the infestation, rather than just treating the symptoms.
- Safety: Ant control treatments can be hazardous if not used correctly. Professional pest control technicians have the training and experience to apply treatments safely, protecting your family and pets.
- Cost-Effectiveness: While it may seem expensive to hire a professional, it can be more cost-effective in the long run. Attempting to control an ant infestation yourself can lead to repeated treatments and additional costs. A qualified ant control technician can provide a more comprehensive and effective solution that saves you time and money in the long run.
Overall, hiring our Columbus ant exterminators to deal with an ant infestation is a smart decision. Our team can identify the problem, provide effective treatment, and offer long-term solutions that keep your home or business ant-free.
Prevent Ant Infestations with Proper Home Maintenance
Dealing with an ant infestation can be frustrating and time-consuming. However, there are steps you can take to prevent ants from invading your home in the first place. By practicing proper home maintenance, you can create an environment that is less appealing to ants and reduce the risk of infestations.
Here are some tips to help prevent ant infestations:
- Keep your kitchen clean: Ants are attracted to food sources, so make sure to clean up spills, crumbs, and food residue promptly. Store food in airtight containers and regularly empty trash cans.
- Seal entry points: Ants can enter your home through small cracks and gaps. Inspect your home for any openings and seal them with caulk or weatherstripping.
- Trim trees and shrubs: Ants often use branches and foliage as bridges to access your home. Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your house to eliminate these access points.
- Remove standing water: Ants need water to survive, so fix any leaks or drips in your home. Additionally, eliminate any standing water sources outside, such as birdbaths or clogged gutters.
- Store firewood away from your home: Ants can nest in firewood piles and easily make their way into your house. Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home and elevate it off the ground.
By following these preventive measures, you can significantly reduce the chances of an ant infestation in your home. However, if you already have an ant problem, it's best to hire a professional ant exterminator like 1st Response Pest Management. Our experienced team has the knowledge and tools to effectively eliminate ant infestations and provide long-term solutions to keep your home ant-free.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ants
What are ants?
Being common pests that find their way into Ohio homes, ants are a pest that no one wants as a houseguest. They are social insects, living, working, and traveling together in large groups. All adult ants have six legs, three body regions, antennae, and strong, chewing mouthparts. Only the reproductive members of an ant colony have wings and are usually only seen in the spring when they emerge from their colony to find a mate and create a new nest and colony. Some of the most common ants living throughout Greater Columbus and Central Ohio include pavement ants, odorous house ants, Pharaoh ants, and carpenter ants
Are ants dangerous?
Ants can be dangerous, depending on their species. The carpenter ant is a dangerous species because of the significant and costly structural damage they cause inside the wooden structures they choose to nest. The pharaoh ant is another species of dangerous ant. They spread dangerous diseases and seek moisture inside IV lines and patients' wounds in hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
The good news is that most species ofants that we encounter and invade our homes are nuisance species and pose no significant health threats to people or property. However, it is important to understand that all species of ants can contaminate food and surfaces with bacteria and parasites that they carry on the body and legs.
Why do I have an ant problem?
Food attracts ants to properties. If there are food sources around your home, there is a high likelihood that ants will find their way onto your property. Trash, compost, and pet food are common sources of food for ants. They will also forage for food in gardens and outdoor eating areas. While searching for food or trying to escape harsh weather, they will often find their way inside through cracks and crevices in a home’s foundation or exterior walls.
Where will I find ants?
Where ants decide to nest depends on their species. Each species has its own preferences, which are listed below:
- Pavement Ants
As their name states, pavement ants like to place their nests in the soil next to foundations, in the crack of pavement and sidewalks, and along fence lines. Inside they like to nest in masonry walls, behind wall voids, inside insulation, and under floors.
- Odorous House Ants
Odorous house ants nest outside in areas of moist exposed soil, under fallen trees, or in stacks of firewood. Inside they like to nest near sources of moisture — behind walls near hot water pipes, leaky pipes, or in wood that termites have previously damaged.
- Pharaoh Ants
Pharaoh ants prefer to nest inside. They are a common problem inside homes, hospitals, nursing homes, grocery stores, and food processing facilities. They place their nests in warm, humid areas behind walls, baseboards, and under floors and travel through buildings using wires and pipes.
- Carpenter Ants
Carpenter ants prefer to nest in wood that has been previously damaged by water. Outside they nest in tree stumps, fallen trees, woodpiles, and old fences. Inside they nest inside of water-damaged structural wood behind walls and under floors.
How do I get rid of ants?
Get rid of ants from your Ohio home or business by trusting 1st Response Pest Management experts. We are a locally-owned and family-operated pest control company. Our goal is to provide all our customers with peace of mind and pest-free homes and businesses through effective residential and commercial pest control services.
Learn more about protecting your Greater Columbus or Central Ohio area home or business from ants and other pests with the help of 1st Response Pest Management and our eco-friendly approach to pest management. Reach out today and speak with one of our helpful professionals!
How can I prevent ants in the future?
Prevent problems with ants by putting into place the following ant prevention measures:
- Partner up with the pest control experts at 1st Response Pest Management.
- Seal up cracks in the foundation of your house.
- Make sure window and door screens are entirely intact.
- Keep tight-fitting or locking lids on outdoor trash cans and compost bins.
- Seal up cracks in the driveway.
- Reduce moisture levels in and around your home.
- Keep food in the refrigerator or airtight containers, not out in the open on counters or tables.
At 1st Response Pest Management, we offer comprehensive pest control services that quickly target and eliminate ants, including pavement ants, odorous house ants, pharaoh ants, and carpenter ants. Our treatments not only focus on pest removal, but are also designed to prevent ants from returning in the future. When you choose our locally owned and family-operated company for your ant control needs, you can say goodbye to ants, guaranteed!
Fill out our online contact form or get in touch with our Columbus ant exterminators by calling (614) 591-7767.