Ron is AWESOME! I had a national pest extermination company for several years and nothing was getting accomplished. I have seen a significant decrease in the last several months that I started with 1st Response. Ron is very committed to getting the problem fixed and is very knowledgeable and a great guy! He knows his pests! :) Everyone at 1st Response is kind, courteous, and goes the extra yard!Tina M.
Company was very responsive to the needs that I had. My daughters room had hornets coming thru her ceiling. First response was the best response. They came right away after my internet message. Fixed the problem and offered a great service for other rodents around my house. Monthly service is a great deal. These guys know customer service and they know pest control. If you are thinking about a company that cares….this is it. Make first response your first response if you are in need of help.Matthew P.
I live at The Gardens Apartments. I guess before I moved in, there was an issue with bugs. I never saw any. Thank God! But the gentleman from 1st Response saw something on the traps and came back several times to take care of the issue. He was always professional, polite and handled everything with care. Kudos!! I appreciate him and the service that you provide.Michelle W.
Had a great experience with David - he was polite, personable, and able to find where the mice were coming in within 5 minutes. He put all the traps down and followed up on time to ensure they didn't return - highly recommend them!Nicholas K.
This company is great! The company I work for has been using them for years, and I have been using them recently for my home. David is so friendly when he comes in to my office, and Larry was great when he came to my home. Lisa is always the best too! So friendly on the phone!Andy R.
We have a mouse or two and Larry was amazing. On time, professional. He even went into my attic through a very small, inconvenient entryway in the top of a closet. He educated me about mice and inspected every inch of my place, inside and out. The office staff was great, too!Rene L.
We purchased a house that has had termite damage in the past. The original structure was built in 1890, and has been added onto over the years. Previous owners had repaired the termite damage, and had contracted with 1st Response to continue to maintain termite control stations and inspect for any new activity. We have continued with that existing service since purchase. Every tech that comes out is wonderful. Office staff is great as well. Everyone we have dealt with has been personable, kind, attentive and professional. Jason and Justin have been our most recent techs, and they are both great guys.Patricia M.
Best customer service ever! From the dispatcher to the technicians. They were super kind and accommodating to our health needs, more than willing to wear an N95 mask that we provided. Engaging conversation and thorough inspection. Even when 1 thing was missed, they apologized and made everything right. Their service was fast, but effective. The price is reasonable for all of the services you get and they were very understanding and accommodating when it came to the initial payment. I wish we had found them years ago, but if anything good can come from a mouse, it's having First Response on your side. 100%, 10 out of 10, highly recommend!Izetta T.
Holy smokes! They are the best! Like seriously, if you need creepy crawly help or help with other things that scurry about, they are your people. They are incredibly kind, friendly, and understanding. They have a lot of patience and explain things thoroughly. Can't say enough good things about them. We have been using them for a couple years now and have had continued reliable and excellent service.Krista K.
What Kind of Termite is Most Commonly Found in Central Ohio?
In central Ohio, the most commonly found termite species is the Eastern subterranean termite (Reticulitermes flavipes). This species is prevalent throughout the region and is responsible for a significant majority of termite infestations in the area. Eastern subterranean termites live in underground colonies and construct mud tubes to travel between their nests and food sources. They primarily feed on wood and cellulose-based materials, causing potential structural damage to buildings if left unchecked. If you suspect a termite infestation, immediately seek professional assistance for identification and effective treatment.
My Neighbor Has a Termite Problem. Should I Be Worried?
If your neighbor has a termite problem, it's wise to consider taking certain precautions. While the presence of termites in your neighbor's property doesn't necessarily mean you have an immediate risk, termites can be highly mobile pests and may potentially spread to nearby structures, including your own.
Here's a few proactive steps you can take:
- Keep a watchful eye for any signs of termite activity around your own property. Look for mud tubes, discarded termite wings, or wood damage. Regular inspections can help detect early signs of infestation.
- Consider contacting our Columbus termite control team to conduct a termite inspection on your property. We can assess the situation and determine if there is any existing termite activity or vulnerabilities that need to be addressed.
- Take proactive steps to reduce the risk of termite infestation. This includes minimizing moisture around your property, maintaining proper ventilation, ensuring proper drainage, and keeping wood and cellulose-based materials away from the soil or foundation.
What to Expect During a Termite Inspection
During a termite inspection, a trained professional thoroughly examines a property to assess the presence of termites or signs of termite activity. Here's what typically happens during a termite inspection with 1st Response:
- Visual assessment: The inspector examines both the interior and exterior of the property, looking for visible signs of termites or termite damage. This includes inspecting the foundation, walls, ceilings, windows, doors, wooden structures, and other areas susceptible to infestation.
- Identification of termite species: If any signs of termites are found, the inspector may identify the specific species responsible for the infestation. This information helps determine the appropriate treatment method.
- Detection of termite evidence: The inspector looks for various indicators of termite activity, such as mud tubes (used by subterranean termites), termite wings, fecal pellets (called “frass”), damaged wood, or hollow-sounding timber.
- Use of specialized tools: The inspector may use tools such as moisture meters, infrared cameras, borescopes, or tapping devices to detect hidden termite activity or moisture issues.
- Assessment of conducive conditions: The inspector identifies any conditions that may contribute to termite infestations, such as excessive moisture, wood-to-ground contact, or conducive landscaping features. Recommendations may be provided to address these issues.
- Report and recommendations: Following the inspection, the inspector prepares a detailed report outlining their findings, including any evidence of termite activity or damage. They may also provide recommendations for necessary treatments, repairs, or ongoing preventive measures.
It's important to note that termite inspections should be conducted only by qualified professionals with expertise in termite detection and identification. Regular termite inspections can help detect infestations in the early stages, allowing for prompt and effective treatment to minimize damage and protect the property.
Being a Certified Sentricon Specialist signifies that our company has undergone specialized training and certification in the installation and maintenance of the Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination System. Sentricon is a leading termite baiting and monitoring system designed to target and eliminate termite colonies.
Being a Certified Sentricon Specialist demonstrates a high level of expertise and proficiency in using the Sentricon system. Homeowners and businesses can rely on 1st Response's certified professionals to implement Sentricon as an effective termite management solution and provide ongoing monitoring and protection against termite infestations.
Protect Your Investment
Your home is more than just a place to live, it's also an investment. Termites can quickly damage your home, which is why it's crucial to protect it. At 1st Response Pest Management, we offer effective termite treatments that eliminate and prevent termite infestations, giving you peace of mind.
Don't let termites damage your Columbus home - trust 1st Response Pest Management to protect it. Contact us for your free inspection.