If you're like most people, the sight of a stink bug sends you running in the other direction. These small pests are known for their unpleasant odor and their tendency to invade homes in large numbers. If you've been dealing with an infestation of stink bugs in Columbus, you know just how difficult they can be to get rid of. 1st Response Pest Management will go over how these pests get into your home, the dangers they pose, and how to get rid of them once and for all with expert pest control in Columbus.
Why Are There So Many Stink Bugs Inside My Home?
Stink bugs in Ohio are attracted to homes for two main reasons: warmth and food. In the fall, stink bugs begin looking for a warm place to spend the winter. Your home's foundation, cracks in the walls, and gaps around doors and windows provide easy access for these pests. Once they're inside, they'll start feeding on your plants and any other available food sources.
Tips For Dealing With Stink Bug Infestations In Columbus
If you're dealing with a stink bug infestation, there are a few things you can do to help get rid of them and prevent more from entering:
- Seal up any cracks or openings around your home's foundation, windows, and doors. This will help prevent more bugs from getting inside.
- Vacuum up any stink bugs you see. Be sure to dispose of the bag immediately so they don't escape and make their way back into your home.
- Keep your windows and doors closed as much as possible, especially in the fall when stink bugs are looking for a place to overwinter.
- Make sure your screens are intact and free of holes.
- Keep your yard free of debris and leaf litter, and trim back any trees or bushes that touch your home.
If you're dealing with a large stink bug invasion, the best thing you can do is call a pest control company that specializes in stink bug removal like 1st Response Pest Management.
The Dangers Of Stink Bugs In Your Home
While stink bugs may not bite or sting, they can still pose a danger to your family.
Here are a few of the dangers associated with these pests:
- They can damage your plants. Stink bugs feed on fruits, vegetables, and other plant life. This can cause serious damage to your house plants or garden crops if you have an infestation.
- They can contaminate your food. If stink bugs get into your food, they can contaminate it and make you sick.
- They emit a foul odor. As their name implies, stink bugs release a foul odor when they're disturbed. This can be unpleasant for you and your family.
- They can cause allergies. Although they are not known to bite, some people are allergic to stink bugs. If you're allergic to them, you may experience symptoms like sneezing, coughing, and watery eyes.
Stink bugs are icky, there's no doubt about that. But beyond being gross, a stink bug problem can actually be hazardous to your home and your health. Don't wait for a major stink bug infestation in your Columbus house to occur; contact 1st Response Pest Management at the first sign of these bugs.
Full Pest Control Solutions For Columbus Homes
If you're dealing with a stink bug infestation in Columbus, the best thing to do is call a professional. At 1st Response Pest Management, we specialize in stink bug removal and can help you get rid of these pests for good. We offer residential pest control and commercial pest control to Columbus and the surrounding communities, using the highest quality methods and products to deliver safe and effective results while also being eco-friendly. We'd love to help you get rid of your stink bug problem for good. Contact us today.