Dealing with mice infestations is unpleasant for any Columbus homeowner. However, Columbus pest control can help you with the most effective way to get rid of mice, making short work of the mouse problems in your home.
Signs You May Be Dealing With A Mouse Infestation
When mice invade your home, they may initially go undetected. However, over time, sure signs of an infestation come to light and indicate that you have a problem.
Serious signs that you are dealing with a mouse infestation include:
- Visual sightings of one or more mice around your home
- Gnaw marks or scratch marks along the corners of walls, near baseboards, and on food packaging
- Nesting materials such as shredded paper strewn around your home
- Sightings of mouse droppings around your home
- Unpleasant odors, especially near areas where mice congregate like basements and attics
Upon seeing any of these signs, contact 1st Response Pest Management for advice on your next steps.
The Problems Mice Bring To Your Home
Infestations of mice are more than just a nuisance; they can be dangerous. Mice bring many problems to your home, the most significant of which is the risk of illness. The diseases mice carry are numerous, spreading pathogens and bacteria via their scavenging activities. As they run across surfaces, invade food storage areas, and hide out around your home, they leave behind illness risks, droppings, and urine. Plus, mouse urine and feces dry up and become airborne, increasing your chances of sickness due to an infestation.
Additionally, mice are constantly gnawing, chewing, and scratching. These behaviors can seriously damage your property and utility or plumbing lines as mice chew right through these areas while nesting in your walls, attic, basement, or crawl spaces.
The Easiest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Columbus
One of the easiest ways to keep mice away from your Columbus home for good is trusting 1st Response Pest Management with all of your mouse control needs. Our team makes sure that we remove every mouse hiding in your home, putting a stop to the rapid mouse reproduction cycle and ending your mouse problems once and for all. With our help, you can reclaim your property from this pest and get back to enjoying your home without all of the health and safety risks that mice infestations bring.
Natural Ways To Keep Mice Away From Your Home
In addition to professional assistance from 1st Response Pest Management, you can follow these prevention steps to keep mice away from your home and prevent infestations from ever starting:
- Seal cracks and holes around your home’s windows, doors, foundation, and roof, as mice can easily use these gaps to squeeze inside.
- Use window and door screens, mesh screens over vented areas, and keep exterior entrances closed when possible to keep mice out.
- Always store leftover food properly and refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills, as these are prime attractants for hungry mice.
- Seal trash bags tightly and dispose of trash promptly; use trash cans with lids to prevent mice from scavenging in waste disposal areas.
- Fix moisture issues around your property that may create pools of excess water where mice prefer to drink.
And don’t forget, the best way to catch mice and remove widespread infestations of this pest is to contact 1st Response Pest Management at the first signs of mice running wild in your home. Reach out today to get started.